Thursday, April 3, 2014

Battle of the Black Eyeshadows

Ugh. Work.
Anyways. I was looking through my collection and realized how many matte black eyeshadows I have. Reread that sentence. MATTE black eyeshadow. I do have more black eyeshadow, but they're all shimmery.
So I though, hey, let's swatch these all side by side and see which is best. So here are the swatches:

From left to right:
MAC "Carbon", Lorac "Black", Stila "Ebony", Wet n Wild "Panther", Urban Decay "Black Dog"

So as you can see, "Black Dog" is the darkest. This is seriously the blackest black eyeshadow I have EVER seen. It's like dipping into coal. So that is my #1 favorite of all these, unfortunately I believe this was a limited edition shade that came in The Black Palette, so my second favorite would probably be Lorac "Black." I mean you really can't go wrong with Lorac.
My least favorite is definitely "Carbon". This is the most overrated MAC shade ever. I didn't even realize how lacking the quality was until I was comparing it to the others. Even the $0.99 Wet n Wild one is better, which I actually love Wet n Wild shadows anyways.

So I thought I'd include links to all the shadows for anyone interested:

Lorac (Inside the Lorac Pro palette, I was unable to find a single): 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik Light Red Pointer