Wednesday, July 16, 2014

In the area I moved to, there's an Inglot counter! I obviously had to go in and pick up some colors, but I was a bit overwhelmed. So, I decided to make this guide to shopping smart at makeup counters.
You walk up to the counter, and you're greeted with endless rows of eyeshadows, blushes, liner, foundation, everything you could ever want. The sales person asks "can I help you find something?" and you don't even know where to start! Why did you even come here in the first place? What was it you wanted?

The first thing you need to do; have a list or some specific things in mind you want to get. I made this trip for eyeshadows specifically. Whatever it is you want to get, have it written down.
When choosing shades, think about the shades you use most or colors that are missing from your collection. I was first drawn to all the bright blues and pinks, but I reined myself in and went for colors I know I use. I'll go through the shades I chose and explain why I chose those colors.




When picking my shades, I tried to keep in mind how I do my eye makeup.


So, this first shade, which is Inglot # 360, I picked out as my transition color. This color, when swatched out, turns much darker on my skin, so I don't know that I would pick this one again, but it does the job.









Next, I chose Inglot # 423, I chose as my lid color. This shade really stood out to me because it has these beautiful purpley undertones to it. In the photo, it looks really similar to # 360, but they really aren't.







This one is Inglot # 329. The color showing is very off, it is much deeper as you can see in the photo of the whole palette. But I got this as my defining color, to use in my outer v and crease. With this color, I could even use it in my brows because it is matte.







This is Inglot # 605. This one, I got because I saw it as a gap in my collection. I was looking at it and how absolutely beautiful it is and I just had to have it. It is a gorgeous orangey rust pearl.








This is Inglot # 314. This is another look I thought was a gap in my collection. I love this one so much, it's so unique and gorgeous. Usually with colors like this, they aren't as pigmented as I'd like, but this is so pigmented.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik Light Red Pointer