Thursday, May 15, 2014

Zoya Awaken Collection~ Spring 2014!

Here it is- my review on the new Zoya Awaken collection for Spring. The colors I have are called Dillon, which is the green, Brooklyn, which is the yellow gold, Rebel, which is the blue, and Monet, which is the glitter topper.
I actually swatched all the colors except the glitter topper on one hand.


I'll go through the colors and how I feel about them one by one:

Rebel is the blue shade. This is probably my favorite one, I think it is such a beautiful color. It's a sort of cerulean blue with tiny silverish glitter. It doesn't come off on the nail as a glitter polish, because it's not, but it's just that very very fine glitter throughout it that is just beautiful. I absolutely love this one. It was very easy to apply, it takes 2 coats to become fully opaque, which is pretty much the standard across the board.

Brooklyn is the yellowish gold. It, in contrast, is my least favorite. This is the color I initially got from Ulta, and I went back for the other colors. This one applies quite streakily and it shows brushstrokes. I got it because I really like the color and I don't have anything else like it. So I do really like the color, and it was opaque in 2 coats, but the formula is just not really that great.

Dillon is the green color. I feel exactly the same about this one as I do about Rebel. I think it's really similar in tone and formula to Rebel. It has that same fine kind of shimmer in it. While the colors are different (obviously one is green and one is blue), I almost feel they are too similar to be part of the same collection. It is a really pretty color, and I am glad I have it, but I don't feel both are necessary.


The Monet topper is just beautiful. Here I have it over Sinful Colors Black on Black. I love this topcoat so much, I got so many compliments on it when I wore it. It's this beautiful rainbow holo hex glitter. I used 2 coats here, but I actually think it looks better with 1 coat. The glitter is floating in a purple suspension base, which shows up clear on the nail.

Overall, from what I have of the collection, I really like it. My picks would definitely be Rebel and Monet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik Light Red Pointer