Thursday, June 12, 2014

This time, we're moving on to some face products and a bit more "advanced" eye makeup- still pretty basic though.
This is in addition to everything from Part 1.
In addition to those products, today we're adding:

Primers (my suggestion is Rimmel Stay Matte if you have oily skin or Maybelline Baby Skin if you have dry skin for the face and Maybelline Color Tattoos for the eyes)
Foundation (my suggestion is Revlon Colorstay)
Concealer (my suggestion is Maybelline Fit Me concealer)
Powder (my suggestion is Coty Airspun loose powder)
Blush (my suggestion is Wet n Wild blush)
Eyebrow pencil (my suggestion is Maybelline Define-a-Brow)
Nude lipstick and gloss (my suggestion is Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks and Revlon lipgloss)
3 brush additions:
Powder brush
Blush brush
Blending brush
Foundation blending sponge (Real Techniques has a good one)

First off, with the face, you want to start out with a primer. If you're using a "pore-refining" product (such as Baby Skin), you'll want to use your fingers to press it into the areas you have large pores (around the nose and cheeks). Smooth the primer over your face and neck. Then pour a small amount of your foundation out onto the back of your hand. My favorite way to apply foundation is to dot it over my face then use my fingers to rub it in a little bit. Then I go in with my foundation sponge and blend everything out. Depending on the foundation you use, you may want to set it with a powder- if you're using Colorstay you don't need a powder because it dries down to a non wet finish. Wait for your foundation to dry down, and you can go in with some blush. I made this chart to help show the best place to apply blush (yes on my own face I didn't want to deal with crediting someone else's picture)


The two horizontal lines show ABOUT where your blush should be, as in between those two lines- this will be a helpful guide to making sure you don't get blush too far toward your eyes, which can make you look sick. There are 2 basic ways to apply blush, which I've shown on both sides of my face. On the right, roughly within that box would be the apple of your cheek. You can apply your blush just here for a sort of flushed, just in from the cold blush look. On the left, Those two lines are basically showing you can angle your blush up toward your temple. You would concentrate most of the blush on the apple of your cheek then blend it up toward your temples.

When you do your eyebrows it up to you. Most people like to do them before their eye makeup, but I usually do it after. Eyebrows are pretty simple. For this phase, you should just follow the natural shape of your eyebrow. Draw lines along the top and bottom edges of your brows then fill in the middle parts. Blend it in with a spoolie brush or eyebrow comb. You can add some brow gel if you want.

For eye makeup: start out with a primer. Primer for me is something I never don't use. I have quite oily eyelids so without primer my eyeshadow looks terrible after about 30 minutes.

You can transition your eye makeup into a more "advanced" look using that same trio.

 Start out with the Eyelid shade on your inner 2/3. Then put the Crease shade on the outer 1/3 and into the crease. Smudge the same Eyelid shade on your lower lashline, and add your Browbone shade to your inner corner and browbone. If you want to, you can line your lower waterline and upper lashline with black to give your look a bit more intensity. Finish off with mascara.

For the lips, at this stage I'd just go with a nude pink lipstick and gloss if you'd like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik Light Red Pointer